Friday, January 06, 2006

Whose towel is this?

I was finishing up a shower when I realized I didn't have a towel to dry off with. I didn't want to run around wet and shivering to look for one and luckily I didn't have to; my boyfriend, D, was in the next room. I yelled me towel problem to him and he obliged.
"what a nice guy" I though" to pause in his reading and look for a clean towel when for me. What a thoughful, considerate ki...wait a second, this towel smells like sweat, like body odor, like D after he's been running!" I ran into the other room holding the towel in front of me as evidence. "is this the towel you use to wipe off sweat after you've been running?!"
He looked up from his book distractedly to squint at the towel which I was holding in front of his face. He looked as if he were not sure if this, a pink and blue towel was the towel he used to wipe sweat off or if it were, perhaps a different towel. Maybe yellow and red?
"Hmmm, maybe?"
"Smell it"
"Hmmm yeah, probably" he smiled "why do you ask?"
I looked at him, not sure if he was serious or if he'd given me the towel on purpose.
"what?" he asked, still grinning.
I gave up deciding and opted for dropping the towel on the floor, getting a clean one from the closet and taking another shower to wash off his old sweat. He stood in the doorway watching me
"what?"

2 comments:

bgeorge77 said...

ARGH!

Your fanbase (me) demands more!

Blight said...

Hmm... yeah sometimes "tricks" are funny and sometimes they just piss you off. This seems like one of those "fake grenade" jokes that fizzle.