Sunday, January 29, 2006

The hardest button to button

I chose a button up shirt to wear today and as I was walking down the street I realized it had come open; it's shiny white buttons had been no match for my heaving bosom. I was thankful to have had a camisol on underneath but, discouragingly, it was not the type of garment you'd wear if you felt like retaining modesty. I might as well have been wearing nothing.
Slightly abashed, I rebuttoned the shirt and kept myself aware of any sudden breezes. This happenstance reminded me of a smiliar situation which occurred about a year and a half ago while I was at my new job:
I was hosting at a very busy, very crowded sushi restaurant that I'd worked at for 2 days so far.
I was cleaning tables, seating customers, and generally keeping on my feet when I noticed some funny looks from the customers. The men looked amused and slightly entertained while the women looked embarassed and slightly entertained. Had I spilled something weird on my shirt? Was there rice in my hair? I looked down to find the source of amusment and saw that my shirt was wide open, black bra on display for the enjoyment of all! I ran to the bathroom, laughed at the mirror, rebuttoned and (with the help of a safety pin) went back to work.
No one said a thing about it, unlike the time, months later, that I spilled a tray of drinks down my front.

I guess what I'm getting at is, does anyone have a safety pin?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

clever title.
just randomly browsing, but i like your writing. it's entertaining. (i mean that in the sincerest way)

Cibbuano said...

um, no safety pin. Your 'heaving bosom' will just have to try and stay within their 'zone'.

Sounds like that wardrobe malfunction was planned! Does CBS know about this?

bgeorge77 said...

"Heaving bosom" is a fantastic word combo that will likely stay in my head all day.

Heaving bosom! Ha! I love it.