Friday, December 23, 2005

Plan C might be more effective

I went to a party last night and didn't leave til fairly late at night. Knowing the other occupants of the house would be asleep I decided to call my boyfriend, thus waking up only one person by calling than the whole house by knocking. My plan was diverted though, when I called his phone I was directed to an automatic messaging service that informed me that he had no money on his phone and therefore was not recieving calls at this time.
I changed lanes and went to plan b; a simple and surely effective plan which involved throwing gravel at our bedroom window. I'd seen this trick work in many movies and t.v. shows, and since it worked for television characters I was sure it would go well for me.
I pulled up to the house, got out of the vehicle and immediately began searching for some gravel. What struck me first was the obvious lack of gravel or anything hard in our front yard, and second was that it was dark and hard to see any gravel, if it were there, or pinecones, which were there. After 5 minutes of running my hand through wet grass and pine needles, I found a pine cone and went to the window to throw it. My first attempt did not reach it's target but flew uselessly into the air and then back, hitting me on the shoulder and then into the thick bush where I left it. Feeling desperate I began throwing mulch at the window which hit, and then showered back into my eyes and hair. I saw no response and I gave up, went to the door and began knocking lightly, the dogs barked but no one came.
I knocked louder, with the sharp of my knuckles, but ended in banging with my fists. Eventually I saw my mom come down the stairs so I reached for the handle to give it a rattle as show that it was locked and I could not get in. Instead of rattling, the handle turned and the door gave way.
My mom pulled at her nightgown in alarm, and then saw it was only me and wondered aloud why I was knocking if the door was open. I explained that I didn't have my key and that I'd thought it was locked.
She went back to bed and I opened the door to my room. Light from the hall fell across my boyfriends sleeping face and over his ears, which had headphones on them.

1 comment:

Blight said...

That's why you just climb up the vine trestle and pop the window out of its frame cat-burglar style.