Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Childrens Poem

My Pet

When I am grown up
When I am older than now
I think I will have a pet.
Maybe a puppy or maybe a cow
It can’t be much better than that.
Unless…

Unless I had a turtle,
If I did I’d name him Boswell
He’d eat lettuce and run races
In his brown and green checked shell.
Indeed, Boswell would be lovely
A real easy kind of pet
Of course I prefer a challenge…
Well, we needn’t decide yet.

Now I’m thinking, something bigger
Like a dog…or better yet!
Something different, more exotic
Like a gator that, when wet,
Will play games like tag or water sports
And when its mouth is open wide
Will impress my friends immensely with his gleaming set of knives!
What that? Oh, yes perhaps what you are saying could be true.
Being eaten by a gator very simply would not do.

Well perhaps I went to far,
Let my imagination run
I’ll rethink this, just a moment.
Perhaps something that likes sun?
Something furry, something purring
With a kittenish type charm…
Yes, that’s it! Now I’ve got it!
I’ve always wanted an ant farm.

1 comment:

bgeorge77 said...

I think you've found your calling, Meg.