Saturday, November 05, 2005

"So then he didn't show up for an hour and a half even though he was the one who invited us in the first place. She was itching to tell him off as soon as he stepped in the door but I told her I didn't think that was a good idea."
"that’s terrible, you're right you know. What to do in that situation is just don't say anything and don't act mad, but never wait for them again 'cause..."
"no" I interrupted "that doesn't work either. He probably isn't even aware that he's being a butthead by making you wait and if you never say anything he'll think its ok, like your so laid back you don't even care if he never shows up. Which is bull because you obviously do, that’s why you were going to hang out with him. Writing him off without a word means he never gets it and now you've lost a friend."
She was quiet. Upon looking back I realize that in the past I usually don't respond much when she's talking, even if in my head I’m only 50% agreeing. I figure most of the time she's just working something out aloud and isn't asking me about my opinion. But this was my story and I wasn't finished. "I told her to tell him, I said tell him "hey waiting for you was stupid, I won't do it again" and after he makes his case, whatever it is (in this case he claimed it wasn't his fault) say "I understand" like your cheerful (because you goddang are. Nothing spoils your cheerful outlook) she said this, but added "you know what you could have done instead? Not that." to the beginning.
Why should I sit around in my Halloween costume with a bad feeling in my stomach while you gallivant around without a care in your pretty head? Nip that problem right in the butt.

No comments: