Thursday, November 17, 2005

In a pigs eye

This morning I went to the kitchen to put on the kettle and decide on breakfast "Make me a cup as well?" My housemate, Rich called from his room at the top of the stairs.
I let a long pause go by to keep him guessing "ok".Eli, one of the other housemates came in.
"Have you looked at Richard’s car?" he asked. He had the look of a man who knew he shouldn’t laugh but couldn’t help himself.
"Um...no. Why?" I said my curiosity peaked. He pointed out the window and I saw a pigs head peeking just over our fence. A pigs head!?! It was so outlandish, I convulsed on the floor for a few minutes “only in New Zealand!” I giggled, then I called to Richard to come look at his car. But my entreaties went unanswered after I told him what was on it. I drank my tea while staring at the head and was done we he eventually emerged looking sleepy and disgruntled. He walked into the kitchen and whipped a plastic grocery bag out of the drawer then went to inspect the head. It was roasted. This means someone was spit roasting the pig and sources say it was likely to have come from the giant party going on just down the street last night. “Just drive it up the hill, it’ll fall off on it’s own” I suggested. He declined, saying it would be improper to let a head sit bare on the street for children to see. Insteadhe gingerly placed his bag over the head and flipped it upside down. Then he left in on the ground next to the garbage can. Said he didn't have the strength to do anything with it. Then he went inside, washed his hands and took his tea upstairs.Last I saw of the head, it was in the jaws of 3 dogs that were dragging it down the street.

1 comment:

bgeorge77 said...

Baaaagh!!! More writing! More posts! Baaaagh!