Thursday, November 17, 2005

Had a hard time sleeping when I got home from work a few months ago. It's not an uncommon problem for me, but it was especially hard this time around for no special reason. I gave up at 12:30 and decided to cut my hair. It looked fine in the front and on the sides, but as usual the back was a total mess of split ends and mullettiness.
I tried shifting it all over the place but couldn't make myself cut anywhere in the back since I couldn't see very well.
Once i got back into bed, I continued being awake, plagued by image of my ratty hair. Something had do be done, and someone else had to do it for me.
I leaned over and whispered directly into my boyfriends ear. He was dead asleep so I made sure to enunciate. "Sugar?" I said quietly. He rolled over and smiled hopefully at me.
"Promise you'll cut my hair tommorrow".
He rolled away, groaning "We can talk about it in the morning".
"Just say 'yes'" I breathed."Yes" he said, drifting off to sleep.
"Just the back, not the front and... " ok" he scooted away a little.
I wriggled so gleefully knowing that my hair would be fixed soon that the bed shook .
The next day when I handed him the scissors he looked annoyed.

1 comment:

bgeorge77 said...

I can identify so hard with this that it's making me want to cut my hair.

It's just this one little flip in the back it's... Well, feel it, it feels like split ends, right?