Saturday, March 11, 2006

Frown-Mouth

I was working yesterday, making batches. Making batches means that you stand in the back room, the "batch room" as it's called, listen to cd's of your choosing at whatever volume you prefer and bake cookie dough for hours.
I usually welcome a batch day because it's an easy self-paced job that creates little stress. It can be a little lonely, however. They keep the batch makers somewhat isolated so that they won't make mistakes on measuring or lose track of how much of something you've added to the dough. If you work a 6-8 hour shift it can be a little too much time alone. Usually, though, I enjoy my time in the batch room and can expect a few drop-ins from my fellow employees depending on the music I've selected.
Yesterday though, after only being there for an hour I began to have glum thoughts. "Glum thoughts!" you might say. "I didn't think you had those!" Well it's true that I rarely do but lately I've been a little overwhelmed with unhappy things that are beyond my control. A few examples:

1)Dan leaving the country
2)Today, recieving a utility bill for $244.oo, 200 of that for deposit.
3)Never having as much money as I need
4)My bike tire busting for the 3rd time in a month and the breaks on that bike screeching all the time
5)Owing money to a friend(never having the money I need)
6)Owing money to my parents(never having the money I need)

As well as those things I've been without a phone since I moved here and it's become a huge inconvenience. No, Chris, I don't need advice about that. I'm waiting for the phone Dan sent me to get here so that I can be in the loop and stop spending so much unnecessary time alone.

I also started thinking about Chez, a friend who commited a rather dramatic suicide 6 months ago. I don't think about it very often but when I do it's often at an unusual time and I always have an image in my head. I'll write about her later.

I'll be waving bye bye to my frown-mouth within a week and from then on, my best friend is coming in town for 4 days, I'm getting my paycheck, I'm going camping...Yeah things are gonna perk up.

4 comments:

bgeorge77 said...

You're gonna make it afterall like Mary Tyler Moore.

You should start thinking about your future as a rapper.

Cibbuano said...

Here's a piece of advice my mom gave me:

'When life gives you lemons, get married. Why aren't you married yet? Look at X's son, Y. He's younger than you and married, with a job, no less. Soon, they'll have kids and everyone will laugh at our family, no job, no wife, no kids.'

in tandem with advice from my dad:

'Don't block the TV.'

I think that helps.

Anonymous said...

My dad also gives good advice about standing in front of the t.v.:

"you make a better door than a window"

Cibbuano said...

Ah, fathers.

I can top you one, Madge... my father would be ASLEEP in front of the TV, and then tell me to move, then fall asleep again...