Friday, December 07, 2007

The Meaning


“Now, I just have to see this tattoo of yours, what does it say?” he paused to take it in and then, aloud read “Can’t believe how strange it is to be anything at all” and smiled thoughtfully. I hadn’t come up with a good sound bite for why I had it and what it meant but for the most part it hadn’t mattered. Most people didn’t attempt a meaning. “So…is that like that feeling you get every now and then, when you can’t believe that you’re a being alive on this little spinning rock in a massive universe and you’re heart feels so big yet you realize that you’re so small and it’s all so amazing and overwhelming?” he asked.

I blinked, totally bewildered at his description. “Yes. Yes it is. I…can’t believe how accurate you just were.” He grinned “Life really puts the blinders on, doesn’t it? Thank god for that feeling”

1 comment:

bgeorge77 said...

Sometimes when I'm brushing my teeth I'll look up and shock myself-- "That's me. That's this 'me' person I'm always talking about."

Sometimes when I'm in the confessional, I'll hear myself saying all the things I've done, and shock myself, "Whoa, what kinda guy does all that?"

A great thing to tattoo on oneself, overall, it's the main question.